Access Statement for Abbey Mews, 6 Pierrepont Place, Bath BA1 1JX
The following is an Access Statement for Abbey Mews, a listed Georgian Townhouse in the centre of Bath.
Contact Abbey Mews by calling Kate on:
T: 01225 446037
- Directions by air, road and rail can all be found at the Directions page on www.abbeymewsbath.co.uk.
- Abbey Mews is located near the city centre in Bath and is a two minute level walk from attractions, restaurants and shops.
- Nearest local shops for provisions are two to three minutes walk away. There is a large Waitrose at the Podium Shopping Centre just past the Guildhall.
- For details of disability equipment hire services and local Radar toilets see www.bathnes.gov.uk or phone Bath & North East Somerset Council on (01225) 477000.
- Local taxis can be booked via 01225 444444.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
- Cars can be driven up to the front door for loading and unloading but should be parked according to the following to avoid ambitious Traffic Wardens (lots of them).
- There is a car park a two minute walk away in Manvers Street for both short stay and longer term parking (see map on website).
- There is a Georgian knocker on the front door.
Main Entrance, Reception and Ticketing Area
- The main front door entrance on Pierrepont Place enters the house in the middle at Ground Floor level. There is one low level step up to the front door.
- The visual only sign on the wall reads Abbey Mews and there is an original Georgian door knocker which is audible on all floors.
- We operate a meet and greet system and this should be organised by contacting Kate in advance on 01225 446037.
- Although the hall and reception areas together with one of the bedrooms are on one floor, the house is arranged over 3 floors and there are steps to each of the cloakrooms, bathrooms, kitchen and drawing room.
- Pets are not permitted at Abbey Mews.
- Abbey Mews is strictly no smoking
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors, etc.
- Abbey Mews is an original listed Georgian Townhouse and there are no lifts or escalators – only stairs.
- There is a central Georgian wooden handrail on spindles running the full length of the stairs.
- The colours in the main areas are green carpets, white skirtings and stone coloured walls.
- As a Georgian property, the stairs and corridors are generously wide.
- The property is spread over 3 floors
Public Areas – Sitting Room, Lounges, Lobbies, etc.
With 3 floors to the property the main areas are all divided by stairs. There is fully fitted carpet throughout except for bathroom and cloakroom/shower room which have vinyl flooring.
There is a sofa bed in the Drawing Room if required
There is a washing machine and separate dryer in the kitchen to the right of the French doors.
The fully equipped kitchen is on the Basement floor and is reached via steps from the main entrance. It leads to the dining room and outside to the Georgian courtyard.
Grounds and Gardens
The garden surface is paved and there is garden furniture including table with chairs.
- As regards disabled access, it should be emphasised that Abbey Mews is a listed Georgian Townhouse arranged over 3 floors. It is also a level walk to shops, restaurants and all major attractions.
- Abbey Mews is strictly no smoking.
- One of the sofas in the Drawing Room doubles as a sofa bed.
- There is use of a zed bed if required (measures 6’3” x 2’6”).
- There is use of a high chair if required.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Specific requests including use of the additional sofa bed, zed bed and high chair should be made to Kate on 01225 446037 or emailed in advance to email@example.com.
6 Pierrepont Place
Bath BA1 1JX
Telephone: 01225 446037
Emergency number: 01225 446037
A programme of continuous improvement.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve.
If you have any comments please phone 01225 446037 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.